Monday, May 21, 2012

Swap-bot: Music quote mail art 2

Here's another great idea from the Swap-bot site... it is not only mail art, but this time the idea is to illustrate the lyrics of a song.

Above is the envelope I sent to Canada. I choose La Vie en Rose (sang by Edith Piaf in French and made famous by Louis Armstrong in the States

This is the envelope I got all the way from Australia. It illustrates a song called Beware of Young Girls by Doris Previn. I never heard of it, but I was charmed by the young girls that illustrate it. Thank you to my swap-bot partner: Aleisha!


2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool idea. I love the way words and art work together.
    There seem to be lots of cool art swaps, but I can only peek at them. I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I just drool over work like yours and wish I could do it too. Haha. I'll just stick to working with words.
    -LovelyLici (from Swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this envelope you made! With Edith Piaf's words, you could only seduce me! :) You seem to live in a very creative and colorful world... Keep up the good work!

    Kshiou from swapbot

    ReplyDelete