Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Illustration Friday: Contraption

This week's theme for Illustration Friday is contraption.
My idea was to create a stylish hat that would be more of a fashionable contraption. My Bluegirl has just become much more of a Parisian Mademoiseille Bleu... N'est ce pas?
These are some preliminary sketches concerning my development of the concept of contraption. Some of the icons/objects that I thought of as being very Parisian were: a poodle, a croissant, the Arch du Triumph, one of the gargoyles from Notre Dame, a fleur du lys, one of those metal plates that show the name of the streets in the oldest part of town and of course... the Eiffel tower.

3 comments:

  1. I like the contraption-hat, I like your sketchy style and the french atmosphere. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your sketches…all good ideas. Look the hat!

    ReplyDelete