Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Great idea: Put a self-portrait at the end of your sketchbook

While reading a post the other day on Jana Bouc's blog, I came across a very nice idea which consists in creating a self-portrait as the closing image for your sketchbook. Since I was about to come to the end of one of my current sketchbooks I got to work on this idea today and this is what I came up with:
I have to say that sketching with inks means that you cannot erase or correct anything, so my self-portrait is not as life-like as it would have been if it had been first sketched in pencils; but then, it was a quick one, as the only mirror in my flat is in the bathroom and I therefore drew it standing at the sink... no exactly the best way to create... and yet... it was certainly a fun thing to do. You can go here to learn more about this idea and to see Jana's lovely sketches.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice mention and link. I think you look like an attractive and really nice and fun person from this sketch. I think the important thing is to capture something of your mood and personality in the self portraits. But I know what you mean about not being able to fix things with pens...and the more I try the worse it gets! I must also give credit to the person I got the end of journal portrait from: Louise Stanley. Her journals are AMAZING. I've seen them in person. Her website is:
    http://lulu.artist-at-large.com/

    ReplyDelete