Saturday, October 1, 2011

Illustration Friday: Hibernate

Of winter's lifeless world each tree, Now seems a perfect part; Yet each one holds summer's secret, Deep down within its heart. ~Charles G. Stater
I started to think about hibernation, then about bears and other animals sleeping, then about winter 's desolation and cold colors... and this what I came up with. I wanted to accompany the illustration with a poem and I couldn't believe my luck when I found this one, which I think suits the image perfectly!
This is a modified version. I used a Photoshop filter called dry brush. I like the quality of the line and the contrast of the shapes which is accentuated by the dark contours.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful illustration and poem! I'd like to be that woman, sleeping so peacefully, protected by the tree...
    I painted a similar image a while ago, if you are willing you can have a look at it here: http://embracetiger.blogspot.com/2010/05/cocoon.html
    Ciao
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

  2. My sweet friend, very nice and interesting you site.
    When you want to take refuge in good ballads of yesterday, today and forever in all languages and genres I invite you to visit my blog and listen me.
    This Saturday October 1, eleven ballads, tribute to France.
    In the texts, a bit of everything.
    I am a broadcaster of Argentina.
    Best regards from Rosario-Argentina
    Albert.
    http://baladasmp3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete