Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ferocious

The ferocious winds played with the boat as if it were made out of paper...
This week's Illustration Friday is FEROCIOUS. What first came to mind was a wolf, then monster, a piraƱa, a glutton, then winds and finally a tempest. I never use photoshop to work on my illustrations, except when adding tone or balance for the colors and contrast, but for the first time, I started playing around with the filters and so I am posting the end result. I think I actually like it better than my original piece as it looks a bit more ominous than the original illustration.
Oil pastels and soft pastels on paper. 25cm X 18cm

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the prompt, and you captured it wonderfully! And thanks for including the photoshop "before" and "after". When I first saw your entry, I was curious as to what medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Sainz! Wonderful intensity! Great colors and contrast too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops.. I thought Sainz was your fist name... sorry Gabriella ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what the filter did with this. Nice take on the topic.

    ReplyDelete